Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Permissions lost after re-installing FogBugz

Hello,

Recently we have been facing a problem when re-installing FogBugz in the same machine. Every time we reinstall FogBugz (today it was because a need to restore a backup) the registry permissions are lost, and they must be manually set up again.

I think it would be a good idea to solve this problem in future versions of FogBugz, maybe setting the permissions in the installer when the registry keys are already created?

Best regards,
Cesar Mello
Elipse Software

Cesar Mello
Wednesday, March 12, 2003

We do grant the registry permissions during an install.  Are you installing to a new directory?  Have you deleted the old registry key before installing?

Michael H. Pryor

No, I did not remove the registry key. So, how can I uninstall and reinstall FogBugz without these problems?

Cesar Mello

So when you reinstall fogbugz, without actually removing it first, you LOSE the permissions on your registry keys?  If this is the case, we'll need to remote debug the problem because I cannot reproduce this behaviour here.

Michael H. Pryor

Yes the permissions are lost and must be manually set again as I said. Unfortunately there is no way for us to allow a remote debug session on our network. As we can make it work this way, I would just like to suggest an "UNINSTALL" feature in FogBugz, and also an "UPGRADE" feature for upgrades between version 3 builds.

Cesar Mello
Thursday, March 13, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home