Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

trial site - emailing a bug not working?

I'm trying to email a bug into the account I've set up on the trial site. I used the email addressed I was given (e.g. trial+####AAAAAA@fogcreek.com) but it isn't showing up as a case.

BTW, Notes 4.6 doesn't seem to support + signs in email addresses...I know you probably don't have many Notes 4.6 users but perhaps a dash instead? I used my yahoo account to send an email and that seemed to go fine.

Dave

Dave Ronson
Thursday, March 06, 2003

Should be all set now... I stopped the dispatcho service on that machine to install a new DLL, but I just restarted it.

Michael H. Pryor
Thursday, March 06, 2003

Does the "email" feature work even if the To: address is different from trial+XXX@fogcreek.com? That is, can I forward mails sent to bugs@mydomain.com to go to trial-XXX@fogcreek.com and expect it to show up in the fogBUGZ database?

Seems as though it works if the To: field has trial+XXX@fogcreek.com but not if I forward emails sent to another address.

Or did I miss an RTFM?

Farshad Nayeri
Sunday, March 09, 2003

Yes, the TO field actually has to be set to trial+xxxx@fogcreek.com

Michael H. Pryor
Sunday, March 09, 2003

Is this email restriction only for the trial or should I expect the same sort of behavior with the real fogbugz as well?

Farshad Nayeri
Monday, March 10, 2003

It's only for the trial.  In the real version you can set it to receive mail for any POP3 account.

Michael H. Pryor
Monday, March 10, 2003

Hi,

This bug is back.  I started a trial account yesterday, and have attempted a number of times to see how this feature works.  So far, it doesn't!

Sincerely,

Dr John Nixon, Senior Research Scientist
Research and Development
United Water International Pty Ltd
180 Greenhill Road, Parkside SA 5063, Australia
E: john.nixon@uwi.com.au  W: http://www.uwi.com.au/rd
T: +61 8 8301 2834  F: +61 8 8357 9728  M: +61 4 1781 9463

John Nixon
Wednesday, April 23, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home