Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Problems with persistence and entering multiple ca

Hello.

We're seeing cases, especially with our single instance licenses, where the user enters one case then any case entered after that isn't entered.

A user will:

1. login to fogbugs
2. create a new case
3. enter the case details
4. submit the case
5. enter a new case
6. enter the case details
7. submit the second case

when that user tries to submit the additional cases, they see the case entered previously.  The new case information gets lost.

The two single license users see this problem much more than the users of the 4 user license.

Do you know why this is happening? 

This bug is making bug tracking very difficult, if not pointless.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul Ringger
Sunday, February 23, 2003

Can we remote debug this at some point?

Customer Service
Friday, February 28, 2003

I'm one of the users on the four-user license. I'm seeing the problem described below. I'm running Fogbugz on Netscape 7.0/WinXP:

I'm trying to create a new feature case under a project named "MAC-101." There is one 'fix-for' version (named 'General') available under this project. I've done the following steps three times in a row. In between I log off, close Netscape, reopen Netscape, and log back in:

1. I select the project and the fix-for version, then enter everything as usual.

2. When I hit 'submit' I get this error message:
"There was an error with your request. Please fix the problem described below and hit back to resubmit your request.
Your bug was NOT submitted. Please hit back and resubmit your bug."

3. When I go back, everything in the case is the same way I entered it except the title is gone and the 'fix for' version shows 'HTC-103: 00.00.00 Prelaunch'. It's somehow grabbing the name of another project and one of that project's 'fix for' versions and dumping them into the 'fix for' field here.

4. I re-enter the title (I'm unable to change the 'fix for' version) and hit 'submit' again.

5. I get no error message after the second submit. Instead it shows me a case that I created earlier today. When I list all cases in all projects, the case I tried to create does not appear.

Please advise. Thanks.

David Mabury
Monday, April 07, 2003

Addendum: If you'd like to remote debug this, please email with instructions. Thanks.

David Mabury
Monday, April 07, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home