Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Site name autosensing.

Fogbugz figures out the url for the website to send in it's response emails.  This however does not work as wanted when I am forwarding from a different port number.  My web server is running on port 80 on an internal box and is accessable through a masquarading router which forwards the port.  I forward a different port number to 80 to the box however and fogbugz does not pick this up.  This does seem perfectly logical but it would be nice to be able to specify this by hand so that I can get it right.

Colin Newell
Friday, January 31, 2003

You can edit GetURLPrefix in util.asp to always return the same url.

Michael H. Pryor
Friday, January 31, 2003

Just a caveat here -- I wanted to do something similar for the status e-mails, but I didn't want to change the good behavior of GetURLPrefix (e.g., preserving "localhost" for people who're using FogBugz from home via SSH port forwarding). 

I wound up changing the line in CBug.asp where GetURLPrefix is called in SendMailNotification to use a string constant specifying the server name instead.  I left the GetURLPrefix function alone.  (Sorry if I have the function names wrong; I don't have the source in front of me.)

Sam Mikes
Saturday, February 08, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home