Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Upgrades

I see in various other items in this forum that some things will be fixed in the next minor release.  Can you tell me how these releases are publicised, and how I can obtain them?

Colin Potter
Tuesday, January 28, 2003

Oops .... I've just seen the item in the Forum entitled "release schedule? " which tells me that, as I have a support contract, updates will be automatic.  Presumably email notification is sent - to the person who initially ordered the software?  Is it possible to specify other recipients in the same organisation, just in case he/she gets a better offer / gets run over by a bus / wins the Lottery?  :-)

Colin Potter

For the moment the best way to find out what the latest version is is to look on

http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/Support.html

where there's a list at the bottom of released service packs. In general I would strongly advise against upgrading unless we have specifically fixed a bug which is bothering you; much of the work we have done in the later service packs is intended to make installation smoother and if you've already got FogBUGZ installed, this work is wasted on you :-)

In the next week or so we will release 3.0.15, which, for the first time, includes a handy feature to check the latest version and proactively notify you (through a message in the main screen) when a newer version is available.

Joel Spolsky

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home