Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

PivotTable analysis

I’m interested in this bug tracking system (now I use self-made SQL DB with Access UI – it’s dumb, but I can change it and adapt for my needs) and my question is about analysis possibilities – is DB structure for FogBUGZ documented? Can I, for example, use PivotTable on its DB to get special kinds of reports?

Also I’m not sure that only one person assigned for each issue or bug is enough… In our project usual two or three developers can work on one feature or bug – how I can track it and assign more than one person with different tasks for one issue?

Thank you.

Regards,
Alexander Lozhechkin

Alexander Lozhechkin
Sunday, January 26, 2003

Check out
http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/kb/howto/UsingPivotTablesinExcel.html

Michael H. Pryor
Monday, January 27, 2003

I too would require the ability to assign a bug to multiple users.  Is there a way group users and assign a bug to the group?

Robert Lounsbury
Friday, January 31, 2003

FogBUGZ doesn't have user "groups," per se. However, you can certainly create a FogBUGZ user that represents a group of developers and then have notifications to that user go to a distribution list.

FogBUGZ works the way it does because it thinks in terms of a single individual having responsibility for any given case at one time. When a case is assigned to a "group," who decides when the work addressing the case has been completed? If the "group" has a leader, that person should probably be getting the assignments anyway.

David Thompson
Friday, January 31, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home