Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Install...sigh

I'm trying to reinstall FogBugz 3.0.  I can't get past the Dispatcho step.  For some reason each time install tries to create the Dispatcho service it fails on bad logon name/password for the service.  Then it backs everything out and I'm left with nothing.  In addition it marks the Dispatcho service for deletion so now I'm forced to reboot our web server to try again.

I'd be happy if install just allowed me to skip the Dispatcho step and fix the logon problem later.  But I can't do that.  How do I get around this and get this thing running?

Mark Wrenn
Wednesday, January 22, 2003

Do you have the services control panel open while you are trying to run the setup?

Try restarting and do not open the services control panel.  Then run the installer.

Michael H. Pryor
Wednesday, January 22, 2003

More info...
After playing around with this I discovered the problem doesn't occur if I try to install FogBUGZ to the local C drive.  When I try to install it onto a file share then Dispatcho won't start.  I'm guessing it is probably some permission issue rather than a name/password issue (as the error message says).

We would like to install the software on a file share from another machine for backup purposes.  How can we support this?

Mark Wrenn
Thursday, January 23, 2003

Do you really need to backup the asp files?  They don't really change (unless you are making mods to them).  If you just want your database backed up, you can install FB locally and then move the database to the file share.

Also see this:
http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/kb/setup/SettingUpDispatchoManuall.html

Michael H. Pryor
Friday, January 24, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home