Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Pictures

OK, here's a critical question.

What's the drill for replacing and/or adding to the pictures?  My people tell me that they're tired of the koala bear and the baby bunnies.

Chris Dunford
Wednesday, October 31, 2001

Look in summary.asp.  Search for bunny and you'll see the section on the pictures.  There is no option other than to edit the source.

(or I guess you could come up with some pics that were about the same size and just rename them to be "bunny.jpg", "koala.jpg", etc.)

Michael Pryor

Well, this sounds like a major item for the features list, don't it? Configurable, scalable pictures with remote administration?  Priority 1, wouldn't you say?

:-)

Chris Dunford

I've taken a bunch of digital pictures of the development team (the same size as those already in FogBUGZ).

Using the rand function in VBScript, a random picture is displayed everytime the summary is shown.  The developers love it, and the testers put funny comments inspired by the pictures in their bug reports.

I also kept the old captions.  So you'll see your picture, and the caption might say: "This is a koala bear. They live in Australia."

The captions are also selected randomly...people love it.

Bugz

That's hilarious.

Michael Pryor

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home