Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

BUG - Changing version for bug doesn't record

Not sure if this is by design, but when I change the reported Version in a bug, the change is made in the DB, but under the bug history, it only shows as edited with no comments.
I checked the DB and the sChanges field is blank for that change.  Expected behaviour would be for that field to have "Version changed from &oldvalue to &newvalue" or something to that effect.

I've checked the lang.asp and CBug.asp class and can't seem to locate any code for, so I'm guessing maybe something hasn't been implemented.

Karan Mavai
Tuesday, January 07, 2003

We don't record changes to the version or computer field in the sChanges field.  We'll consider this request for future versions though!

If you'd like to make the change yourself, you're looking for the ChangesInEnglish function in CBug.asp.

Michael H. Pryor

Michael,

I've been trying to make the change, but I think I'm doing something incorrectly.  The update seems to fail and lock the record because of a transactional lock.  I get a failure when you try to clean up and close the DB connection.

1. The changes I made where the following:
added appropriate CONST to lang.asp (FB_CHANGELOG_VERSION).

2. Updated cbug.asp with the following:
-Added private variable for sVersionOrig
-Cached the Original value in Sub CachedOriginalValues (sVersionOrig        = sVersion)
-Added the appropriate condition in ChangesInEnglish
If sVersionsOrig <> sVersion Then
                s = s & Swap2( FB_CHANGELOG_VERSION, sVersionOrig, sVersion ) & vbCrLf
            End If

I'm obviously missing something in the process.  I've looked at the code for the Edit, CommitBug and AddBugEvent functions and can't see anything I may have missed that causes the update command to fail and the transaction to hang. 

Any nuggets of info greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Karan Mavai

Looks right to me.  I don't see anything out of the ordinary off the top of my head...

Michael H. Pryor

You have
<quote>
If sVersionsOrig <> sVersion Then
End If
</quote>

but your new variable is called sVersionOrig (without the 's')

Hope this helps

Ricardo
Tuesday, January 28, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home