Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Syntactic sugar

Is it possible to do some more sophisticated stuff with the automatic linking of the Bug x in the descriptions?  For instance it would be nice to be able to refer to 'Feature x' as well as just Bug x if the bug is really a feature. 

It would also be nice to be able to pull in the title of the bug automatically from it and place it aside, e.g. Bug 5 - The message board does not like a black background and white text.  This would ideally be optional by some means on a bug specific aproach rather than as a project based setting. 

Colin Newell
Saturday, December 28, 2002

I have just been browsing the source code looking for something else and discovered that FogBugz does actually do more of this than I realised.  Did I miss something in the documentation?  I am having difficulty finding all the little 'details' like this in the documentation. 

I have discovered that you do allow the word 'Case' to work as well and will link the entire bug and description if it's in the syntax Bug x: description.  I personally would prefer for just the Bug x to be linked, but that's a minor detail.  You also do place the details of the bug as a 'tool tip' (the title of the link). 

I will be able to create the behaviour I want now I've spotted the code although I am wondering where in the documentation all of this stuff is.

Colin Newell
Sunday, December 29, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home