Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

SPAM designation should be a group action (Bug)

In grid view, I checked the first three cases listed then scrolled down to the bottom where the control buttons are: SPAM button is grayed out -- inaccessible.  (Unexpected -- I would have expected an active button for a group SPAM action.)

Unchecked the three cases.  Scrolled down.  SPAM button still grayed.  OK, as expected.

Checked the first case only.  Scrolled down.  SPAM button active as expected.  Used the SPAM button.  Case disappears as expected.

Check the next two cases.  Scrolled down.  SPAM button grayed.  Unexpected.

End result: I have had to use the SPAM button one case at a time.  This should be a group action as well.

(Am using FB 3.0.5)

Assad E.K. Ebrahim
Tuesday, December 24, 2002

Ok.  The reason was one of the three cases had *not* been submitted via email but was an "empty" case.

There is clearly some case-type checking going on that determines that one among the selected cases is not a SPAMmable case -- instead of graying out the button I'd suggest giving some sort of information to the user so they can avoid having to proceed one case at a time.

Assad E.K. Ebrahim

Currently, only cases that are categorized as "Inquiries" can be resolved as SPAM.

Michael H. Pryor

I think we have a small bug where if the spam comes in without a return address, if you check that spam in the list view the SPAM button gets disabled. It's on our list to fix ASAP.

Joel Spolsky
Thursday, December 26, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home