Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

8 hours per day

Hi,

Appearently FogBUGZ treats a working day as 8 hours. Unfortenately our developers don't program 8 hours a day, only 6 (hopefully).

Is there a way to setup FogBUGZ that a day corresponds to 6 hours instead of 8?

Stephan Westen
Wednesday, December 11, 2002

Hmm, look for 8 in the source code and replace it with 6? I think it's isolated in a couple of functions in util.asp but I'm not sure offhand.

We've gotten a couple of requests for this and it may show up as a feature in the next incremental release, if we have time, otherwise it will have to wait for the next major release.

Joel Spolsky
Thursday, December 12, 2002

Joel,

Nice piece of software! Very neat. I have a question and a suggestion:

First the suggestion: in one of your answers to the "8 hours per day" question, you said : "Hmm, look for 8 in the source code and replace it with 6? I think it's isolated in a couple of functions in util.asp but I'm not sure offhand."

Wouldn't it easier to maintain your app by having one place for constants or parameters? Like a constant.bas or in a configuration table or ini file?

Second, my question:

In the FogBUGZ 3.0 home page you mention "is a system for managing software projects......It works so well that your projects will practically manage themselves."

You also mention that there are 3 main cases :a feature request, a traditional bug report,
or an email from a customer. I haven't yet test it or seeing the whole demo. Would your app also be able to track a new project since the begining, basically moving tasks (manually or automated) from Microsoft Project into FogBuz, and start tracking the software project in a holistic way?

If there is any doc you can refer me to learn about such feature?

Once again, very nice and cool software, keep it up!

Thanks,

Victor J. DuLuc

Victor J. DuLuc
Saturday, December 14, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home