Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

.aspx file

I just downloaded a template from templates.fogcreek.com. What is the aspx extension and what's it there for? As far as I can see, it does nothing except get in the way. You've got to remove it before you can open the .cty file.

Amos
Saturday, September 27, 2003

I had that problem, but then the other day I didn't.  I thought they fixed it.

Joel Goldstick
Saturday, September 27, 2003

.aspx is the extension used for .NET webforms.

I'm not sure which template downloaded with the .aspx extension.  It is possible that we worked through the javascript and other things in the meantime to mostly get rid of that.

Also, it might have been a result of you accessing the template library with an older browser.

Let me know if you still get the error.

Charles Reich
Monday, September 29, 2003

I try to help as can as possible...as I had the same problem running file with aspx extension.

However, there are certain system & platform requirements before you can run this program. Read below:

-Microsoft Windows 2003 Server
-Microsoft Windows 2003 ServerWindows 2000
-Professional and Server (SP 2 recommended)
-Microsoft Windows XP Professional or Home Edition
-Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or later

First go here.... http://www.asp.net , understand what is asp.net.
Click on "Web Matrix" tab.
Read them...
  I think it's pretty cool thing to me..lol

Then click on "Download"

I guess it automatically know weather or not your pc has
.NET Framework.

If you are sure and know that your pc has .Net Framework,  install and click on "Download and Install ASP.NET Web Matrix (1.3 MB)" and save it to your hd and install it to your system.

If you are not sure, click on "Click to see if you have the .Net Framework installed" and you will be directed to another page. It will automatically detects your system for .Net Framework intalled or not.

If you don't have .Net Framework installed, click on
"Download .Net Redistributable Now (23 MB)" and install .Net Framework, save to hd and install .Net Framework into your system.

After that continue install and click on "Download and Install ASP.Net Web Matrix (1.3 mb)" and save it to your hd and install it!

I hope this little info can help .. :-))

Cheers!
Lina Alirad
Malaysia

Lina Alirad
Monday, July 12, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home