Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

small UI suggestion

whenever I compact my site the treeview clears and its all plain white. my heart always skips a beat when that happens. a completely sensless fear that my entire work completely disappears.

so if the treeview doesn't disappear for a second, how could i tell the site was compacted? a small window with a progress bar that'll disappear once the task is done would be a good thing.

while at that: the way i see it, there isn't much to sustain the compact option alone under "file". A better place for it would be a button inside the "properties" window.

thanks again.

gilad
Sunday, September 21, 2003

Other heart stopping moments: a big import, dragging files into a big site.

tk

Another moment is during the pre FTP script-running-process. For moments you can't switch to the CityDesk main window or the publish window.

On the other hand, except for the import, CityDesk has always come through. Some my big imports have crashed CityDesk but when I reopen the .cty file, the import has always completed successfully.

tk

While I'm at it. I have one template that takes about one minute to save during which time you can't get to any CityDesk window.

tk

working while publishing is also terribly slow, but that's probably a different issue..

gilad

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home