Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Mystery TimeFiled?

While I seem to be able to control DateFiled ok, I can't get a grip on `TimeFiled'. For example I just edited a page and tweaked the `Filed Date' in Properties and I show a time of 2145 today when I preview. Since it is 1515 (local time) and 2015 (UTC), I can't get a grip on where the 2145 came from. In case it matters I am running under ME. (Sidebar: should `zone' also be available?)

David Ness
Tuesday, December 11, 2001

Its a bug.  It uses the time from when you first created the article.  And that will be the time always, unfortunately.  There isn't really a workaround other than to create a new article and copy over the data.

Michael Pryor

Thanks. I don't need a workaround anyway in the short run, and I assume it will eventually get fixed. I suppose if I really had to, I could probably get into the Access data item and screw around with it, but that isn't worth the trouble in my case.

Thanks for a prompt response. Even if it doesn't fix the problem, it saves me from thinking that it is evidence that I am going nuts...

David Ness

Hmm, I wonder if there would be a market for a surreal software product that did that.

You know, on the surface, it looks like a checkbook balancer or something. But really it's designed to make you think you're going nuts. You could give it to your boss or unloved coworker. Kids would use it just to experiment.

Joel Spolsky

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home