Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

CopyBoy 2.0 release

Well, it's a bit later than I had planned, but the release version of CopyBoy 2.0 is available now. You can download it from http://www.larkware.com/Products/LarkwareCopyBoy20.html .

Here's the fnal feature set of 2.0:

Bulk Edit
-----------
Dates - Edit the dates associated with articles
HTML Tidy - Run the CityDesk HTML Tidy algorithm on existing articl
Publish Names - Edit the names that CityDesk will use when publishing articles.
Templates - Easily select templates for articles.

Convert
----------
HTML to Article - Convert a file within CityDesk to an article. Allows selection of multiple files to convert in a single operation.

Import
--------
File to Article - Import a file from your hard drive to a CityDesk article.Allows selection of multiple files to import in a single operation.
Templates - Import templates from another CityDesk file. Source file can be CityDesk 1.0 or 2.0. Optionally overwrites templates of the same name in the target file.
Variables - Import variables from another CityDesk file. Source file can be CityDesk 1.0 or 2.0. Lets you select which variables to import.

Search & Replace
----------------------
Audience - Change from one audience to another throughout your CityDesk file.
Author Info - Bulk changes to author name and information. Also allows changing the default author that CityDesk uses for new articles.
Template - Change from one template to another throughout your CityDesk file.
Text - Find or replace text nearly anywhere in your CityDesk file, including in areas such as Extra1 or Sidebar.

Utilities
---------
Bulk Delete - Delete all articles whose "never publish after" date has passed.
Edit Table - Direct editor for raw data in your CityDesk file. Changes are NOT saved unless you click the Save Changes button. F2 will copy the currently-selected cell into a Zoom Box for editing. Ctrl+' copies the field from the previous row.
File Count - Reports on files by file type in your CityDesk file.
Publish Site - Publishes the current site.
Undelete - Restores one or more deleted CityDesk articles or files.
Options - Set CopyBoy options

Just a reminder, CopyBoy 2.0 requires the .NET Framework 1.1 and MDAC 2.7.

I'll be starting on the 2.1 version shortly, which will be a free upgrade from 2.0 for those who register. Feature suggestions more than welcome.

Mike Gunderloy
Monday, September 15, 2003

Tried it but got this. Will try a reinstall.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name NetCityUtil, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
File name: "NetCityUtil"

Fredrik Jacobsson
Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Nope, same result. App starts fine, but when invoking the tidy funcion that message appears. I have alot of info in the error-box...do you want it all?

Also...Citydesk launches two CBLaunch when invoked from the CD tools-menu.

Fredrik Jacobsson

Hmmm....looks like a file potentially missing from the install. I've pulled the download until I can investigate. Sorry for the nuisance.

Mike Gunderloy

Yes, there was a file missing; this only affected the HTML Tidy functions. I've uploaded a fixed version of the setup that includes this file. It should be safe to install right over the previous release.

I've also verified the double-launch problem. However, the same thing happens with Notepad if I add it to the CityDesk tools menu, so I think this is a CityDesk issue rather than a CopyBoy one.

Mike Gunderloy

Yeah, the double-launch thing is a CityDesk bug. A piece of software I've written adds itself to the tools menu and the same thing happens. If you use the Ctrl+f1, f2, f3 accelerators then you don't get the problem.

John C

Umm, the download-link seems to be broken.

But I tried to use the old dl-link and got a download that gave me this error with the tidy function:

Specified cast is not valid.    at n.w(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)

Fredrik Jacobsson

I just added it to FogBUGZ...

Michael H. Pryor

Download link should be working again.

Mike Gunderloy
Wednesday, September 17, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home