Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Window size inside CityDesk

Hey some of the windows i can't maximize..(ei variable editor)..
So basiclly i am stuck in a 2 inch window with 2 scroll bars
on my 21 inch 1600*1200...

nothing much.. but worth mentioning

Nicholas Franks
Wednesday, September 03, 2003

You can resize them, although there is no sizing grip at the bottom right-hand corner of the window to indicate this.

John Topley (www.johntopley.com)

Nothing gives,
the "Variables" window on 2.0  doesnt resize...
maybe i am in a Dumb Mode..

Nicholas Franks

John, I don't get what you mean.  I can't resize the "Variables" window.  Can you?

George Illes

Maybe some confusion...
Not the "Edit Variable", the one with the variable list...

Nicholas Franks

There have been many suggestions about the variable editor thing. I think that adding $include$ must have been easier than fixing the editor and it's good for other reasons too.

Another problem for is that once you open the variable window, you are locked out of the rest of CityDesk until you close the variable window.

I suspect that FogCreek has a long list of related feature requests. In fact there have even been interesting arguements about whether variables should be named variables. Aren't they more like constants?

tk

I would recommend using variables for tiny tiny snippets... things like the tagline for the whole site, the copyright notice, etc. Use articles with {$ include $} for longer things that you need to spend time editing.

Joel Spolsky

Sorry, I took variable editor to mean the window that comes up when you edit a single variable.

Oh and I still get an annoying horizontal scroll bar on the main Variables window using Windows XP.

John Topley (www.johntopley.com)
Thursday, September 04, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home