Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Priority list

If there is such a thing as a priority list at Fog Creek I would suggest that the Normal View/html View issue got priority over everything else (including new fancy features). It is simply too poor that such a basic function doesn't work. I now see that Joel and Co didn't intend designers to use Normal View at all, but use Dreamweaver instead. Well, that's new to me. And why then going through the trouble of implementing a close-to-useless image editor when we are better of using a real editor like PhotoShop? It's hard to spot the logic here. One could get the idea that the development of CityDesk didn't follow a strict plan, but rather depended of the here and now needs at Fog Creek itself. This probably isn't true, but it certainly looks like it.

Please keep CityDesk as simple as possible, but also as flawless as possible. Get Normal View to work and get rid of the forced Unicode. That, to me, would be a good start. Until then I'm back to CD1 (which I would not be without for one single day – despite it's shortcomings).

Jorgen Brenting
Saturday, August 30, 2003

What are you on about, you sexy fruit?

Confused

I guess that's not a nice comment from the anonymous Confused peson.

Jorgen Brenting

actually, the unicode support is excellent.

john doe

I agree, the Unicode support is excellent. No doubt about it. But the fact that unicode is a forced choice in not good imho.

Jorgen Brenting

You neglect to say why.

Confused

good that someone on this list (Lasse) is working on an external solution. http://discuss.fogcreek.com/citydesk/default.asp?cmd=show&ixPost=9332&ixReplies=5

I think UTF-8 is great for internal use; it can be translated into any codeset...

Adriaan van den Brand
Monday, September 01, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home