Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

scroll bars

This is probably the wrong place to post this, but i can't really think of any place else (where everybody is so helpful and responsive).
I want to use CSS to edit the appearance of the scroll bars. For some odd reason, IE will display the fresh looking scroll bars on a <div> with them, but not on main bar- which remains plain old gray.
it also does responds to changes in all other attributes (margin, background-color, etc.)

relevant code:

template:
<html dir="rtl">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
<title>title</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="PTMFOG0000000023.css" type="text/css" title="default" media="screen" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="PTMFOG0000000371.css" type="text/css" title="print" media="print" />
</head>

<body> [...]

CSS:
body {
    background-color: #ffffff;
    margin: 0px;
    color: black;
    font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    scrollbar-3dlight-color: #444444;
    scrollbar-arrow-color: #bf0000;
    scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #6cc66;
    scrollbar-face-color: #353535;
    scrollbar-highlight-color: #333333;
    scrollbar-shadow-color: #666666;
    scrollbar-track-color: #999999;
}

john doe
Thursday, August 28, 2003

Hi,
The "scrollbar-base-color: yourcolor" is missing from your list. That could be the it.

Jorgen Brenting
Saturday, August 30, 2003

thanks for the attempt, but the suggestion didn't work. its really weird. it *does* show the colored scroll-bars on <div>'s that make use of them, but not on the main-big-one.

john doe
Saturday, August 30, 2003

Strange. I have a CSS very similar to yours and it works as you would like yours to do. But only in IE of course. Are you sure that you don't have anything overruling your CSS in some way?

Jorgen Brenting
Sunday, August 31, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home