Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Wishlist: Apply template to multiple articles

I'd like the ability to select multiple articles/folders in the explorer view apply a template to them.

Currently, I open each article, click on the properties tab and then set the template.

John Sisk
Thursday, August 28, 2003

The first sentence above should be:

I'd like the ability to select multiple articles/folders in the explorer view and apply a template to them.

John Sisk

CopyBoy has a Bulk Edit Templates feature that displays a list of articles and templates and lets you select the template for each article. Not quite what you're after, but closer than CityDesk offers.

Mike Gunderloy

Combined with the template-based descriptions for article fields, it makes sense to let the user choose the template immediately after clicking "new article".

This could be compared to using File : New... in MS Word.

Reason: it's cumbersome for a contributor to have to remember resetting the template after every article creation.

Besides: this issue may be one of the reasons why copy-pasting articles is so popular.

Bernard Vander Beken

After just finishing reselecting the template used for more than a dozen articles, by hand, one by one, I do also think that CD should include the functionality needed to simultaneously change the templates of a selected number of files.

Please.

geraldH

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home