Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Publish location isn't displayed without scrolling

When I click on the "Publish" button, this is what I see:

http://www.astrocyte-design.com/publish.jpg

The server name is not visible without using the little scroll bar on the right.  Any way to move up the server name so it's listed directly under the first two lcations?  I can't seem to get rid of the blank lines.

This is the way it's worked since CityDesk 1.0.  I just haven't mentioned it until now.

Thanks.

Alex Chernavsky
Thursday, August 28, 2003

Alex,

Do you have several publishing locations with no names?  I just looked at one of my sites.  I have 5 publishing locations and they are all listed without intervening spaces. 

Joel Goldstick

I would suggest checking if you have publish locations without names also.  If not, your database may have gotten screwed up by an earlier version of CD which added some blank rows in the publish location table in the database and they are showing up.  I doubt this would happen with a new site.  Probably the only way to clean your existing site would be to open it in access and delete those offending rows (make a backup first of course).

Michael H. Pryor

MP, This has happened to me before. I add a publish location and the list of locations has several blank links before it lists my new location. I figured I'd messed up. I don't think I did anything wrong though. Can't pick one of the blank lines in order to delete it. This doesn't happen every time, just once, to one site.

tk

Joel Goldstick wrote, "Do you have several publishing locations with no names"?

Yes, but I can't delete them.  I get the following error message when I try:  "This built-in location cannot be deleted".

Looks like I'll have to open the file in Access.

Alex Chernavsky

I saw this too once, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't figure out what causes CityDesk to get a blank publish location like that.

In Access, delete the appropriate rows from tblPublishLocations.

Joel Spolsky
Friday, August 29, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home