Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Bug fixes to RC?

Several bugs in the release candidate have been reported in this disussion--are those bugs going to be fixed before release?  If not, are there plans for timely bugfix releases?

David Burch
Sunday, August 24, 2003

That would certainly be nice to know. I'm still using version 1 because of all the bugs reported here. Perhaps we will all know more later today.

Jorgen Brenting
Monday, August 25, 2003

The final list is here:

http://www.fogcreek.com/CityDesk/2.0/HistoryBeta.html

There are a lot of small bugs fixed which are not listed on that page, too.

Joel Spolsky
Monday, August 25, 2003

i use version 1 too.

only version 2 for new sites (i had some probls. converting my "old" sites to CD 2).

Robert Cappa
Monday, August 25, 2003

The list of bug fixes seems pretty reassuring, but it's hard to tell if it covers all items discussed in this forum. I'm mostly concerned about importing old sites. My own experience with importing so far has not been good and others have mentioned errors in that department too. I've made some pretty large sites with version 1 (v.1 works flawlessly for me!) and  I wouldn't like to see them messed up in any way since they all make money every day and simply have to function right away. If there is still doubt around any major issues I'll rather wait for version 2.x or 3.x.

Jorgen Brenting
Monday, August 25, 2003

Having seen the new documentation and the list of new features in version 2 hopes are high.
http://www.fogcreek.com/citydesk/2.0/help/WhatsNew/WhatsNewin2.0.html

Jorgen Brenting
Monday, August 25, 2003

I am concerned not with bugs in 1.0 which were fixed or bugs in the various versions of betas which were fixed but bugs that were reported in the release candidate.  The problem with CityDesk suddenly forgetting what the Enter key is supposed to do is one that I remember--there were others.

The enter key bug bothers me because it seems that it could be the side effect of a larger problem.

David Burch
Tuesday, August 26, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home