Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Enquiries on CD Starter Version

I need to use CD urgently for my website and am thinking of downloading the Free starter version (being a poor student).

However, i'll be getting a new PC in 2 weeks and i'm worried that it will affect my website when i download and re-install CD again. Will my existing files, stufz and etc "dissappear"? And is there any license issue where e.g. i download and install the 1st time (the software captures my registration details) and upon the 2nd re-installation, it "prevents" me from making changes to my website.

Would appreciate if somebody could enlighten me, thanks.

sharol
Friday, August 22, 2003

Your complete site will be contained in a file with .cty extension.  You can copy the file to the other PC.  Not a problem at all

Joel Goldstick
Saturday, August 23, 2003

Hi Joel,

Thanks for the advice. =) So does it mean that I can actually continue with my updating on another computer by just copying the whole file (with .cty extension) to the new pc? Is the file very big?

sharol
Sunday, August 24, 2003

Yes, just take (or send or copy) the.cty file to another computer. The smallest site is about 500kb and it can get huge. My biggest site is 32mb, I sure some sites are much bigger.

tk
Sunday, August 24, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home