Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

CopyBoy 2.0 RC1

And more-or-less in step with CityDesk, I'm pleased to announce the availability of CopyBoy 2.0 RC1 at http://www.larkware.com/Products/LarkwareCopyBoy20.html .

New features include an actual help file, integration with the CityDesk Tools menu, Bulk HTML Tidy, column usage hints in the table editor, and reasonable tab order and accelerator keys.

My plan is to release CopyBoy shortly after the release of CityDesk, so this is probably your last chance to find bugs or request features you'd like (which will probably be pushed off to 2.1 at this point, but you never know).

Mike Gunderloy
Thursday, July 31, 2003

Crash in CopyBoy:
I was using the edit db table function. I loaded an article, looked at it, and hit Cancel. I got a .Net Framework unhandled exception & CopyBoy died.
Great work btw, I'd never tried CopyBoy before now, it looks really sweet (not sarcasm, seriously ;-).

Israel Orange
Thursday, July 31, 2003

Thanks for the report - it's fixed for the next drop. If you open the program and then exit it once, this crash should go away (it has to do with a persistent settings file not having been created yet).

Mike Gunderloy
Thursday, July 31, 2003

Excellent, that's very Joelish of you :-)
ME:bug, bug!
minutes later...
YOU:fixed!
ME:yay!

Israel Orange
Thursday, July 31, 2003

Q: Is the "Bulk HTML Tidy" exact the same as in CD? Is it possible that a article may change if I afterwards pick it up in CD and shifts between HTML/Normal view a couple of times?

Fredrik Jacobsson
Friday, August 01, 2003

Bulk HTML Tidy should be exactly the same between CityDesk and CopyBoy - in fact, I am calling into the CityDesk DLL for some of that functionality. That said, there is always the possibility with these pesky computers that something will go wrong. If you do find a case where the tidy HTML changes when moving between CD and CB, I think the safest thing to do would be to report it as a bug to both of us.

And on a related note: my apologies to anyone who attempted to report a bug using the link in CopyBoy yesterday. Been suffering from a bit of network fu lately and the mail account wasn't taking messages. That should be fixed now, or feel free to just post bugs here or mail me via this forum.

Mike Gunderloy
Friday, August 01, 2003

Thanks

Fredrik Jacobsson
Friday, August 01, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home