Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Beta 2.0.7 available for download

This version of the beta includes significant improvements to the WYSIWYG editor in normal mode.

Release notes:
http://citydesknews.com/CityDesk/2.0/NewBeta2.0.7.html

Download from:
http://citydesknews.com/CityDesk/2.0/BetaLetter.html

Joel Spolsky
Monday, July 14, 2003

Yay!  Perfect news on this Bastille Day :-)

Denis, in France
Monday, July 14, 2003

Is it possible to update all HTML to the new modified lower-case way, without opening and closing every article?

Not that it matters much :)

Fredrik Jacobsson
Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Not sure if it's a bug but the only way I could get CityDesk to convert the articles to the tidier xhtml (without actually typing into the normal view) was to switch to HTML view, go Ctrl+S to save, then "Save and Close". Just switching and saving didn't seem to do the trick.

John C
Tuesday, July 15, 2003

What I meant to say was that just switching and "save and closing" didn't seem to do the trick.

John C
Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Regrettably I didn't have time to implement a "clean up existing code" feature.

Also, I'm a little bit scared about this. When you change one article, you always go look at it in the web browser to make sure it's OK. If you were to clean up your entire site in one click, you might discover that fixing an HTML bug somewhere has caused some page that you never look at to be broken. Unless you're prepared to check every page, the HTML cleanup feature is risky. My theory is that if you already have a site up on the web, it's working, and why mess with something that works?

I'd be happy to hear feedback.

Joel Spolsky
Tuesday, July 15, 2003

I'm of the "let sleeping dogs lie" opinion.

I had a little panic during the UTF-8 stuff and again when Beta 2.0.7 republished my whole site(s). Both ultimately were OK but not what I expected.

tk
Tuesday, July 15, 2003

The obvious answer is to shove the bulk cleanup into CopyBoy with the rest of the "shoot yourself in the foot" stuff.

Mike Gunderloy
Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Yeah, reformatting existing articles is really one of these things I'd prefer to do one at a time.

John C
Tuesday, July 15, 2003

I would prefer to be able to choose between both options, so I could choose depending on the circumstances or site.

Paul Iliano
Thursday, July 17, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home