Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Adding a CMS to a current webpage

Hi,
I don't remember how I came across this site, but it might be useful for me, so here's my question.

I already have a website that I've setup for some colleagues and it's made with a program we use here in the company.
But I'd like to add a small piece to the homepage, in in the form of a weblog or so, mentioning what the update is and all that made to the site.

Now my question is then, how to do this with CityDesk? Would I import the html data or file into city desk and then put the CityDesk code at the place where I want the text to go and then each time just ftp it when changes are made?

I hope I've explained it well, but if there are questions, please let me know.

Kind Regards
Teddy

Teddy Dako
Thursday, July 03, 2003

Can you do a server-side included? That may be better for your needs if your page are automatically generated already.

Then just bring in the stuff CityDesk generates to whatever part using the SSI.

IMHO that's the best way to allow the two programs to continue to work together without over-writing each other.

www.marktaw.com
Thursday, July 03, 2003

.. Or you can do it as an inline frame, which doesn't require special server side technology.

www.marktaw.com
Thursday, July 03, 2003

Maybe Macromedia Contribute would fit in nicely. Take a look at http://www.macromedia.com/software/contribute/

Michel

Michel Berkhout
Thursday, July 03, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home