Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

FTP log's

I had some FTP problems today, so I was looking at the tiny little screen what errors were passing. As I can not read that fast ;-) I was wondering if it is possible to have all the messages of the ftp sessions in one logfile. I've tried this with the new command line options and a batch file, but I got only information about the last ftp session.

Is it possible to extract the information of all ftp messages?

Regard, Menno

Menno Tillema
Tuesday, July 01, 2003

I've also seen FTP errors during "successful" sessions about not being able to overwrite files that already exist, and wondered about what the problems were.

The FTP progess screen shoots progress messages out so quickly they cannot be read, then redraws the screen with new messages preventing errors from being read.  The screen has a disabled scroll bar which makes it seem that you should be able to scroll back to see errors, but you cannot.

David Burch
Tuesday, July 01, 2003

I logged a feature request a while ago for the ability to save the contents of this window to a file.

John Topley (www.johntopley.com)
Tuesday, July 01, 2003

i have ftp problems too.

i see "file is size 0" or something (sorry, its really fast)... and after uploading some files it crash.

preview works well (all scripts are working ok).

the ftp server is a linux of our lan (no inet bugz).

with CD version 1 works perfect.

Robert Cappa
Tuesday, July 01, 2003

In the meantime, maybe you can get a screen capture device... the kind they use to make video presentations. Maybe Joel knows a good one - having just looked at some for his CityDesk demo's.

www.marktaw.com
Tuesday, July 01, 2003

What's the point of having a box when I can't even read its contents? Save the contents to a file, and display the file in the box. And let me have the option of saving the file as a log, either in the dialog, or as a program option.

-Bob

Bob Bloom
Saturday, July 05, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home