Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Where's the Crystal Ball?

June 6 Joel wrote:
"Crystal Ball Predictions about CityDesk 2.0. The current version of the beta is the most stable version yet, so we’re going to allow ourselves the luxury of a slightly longer period before the next beta comes out in order to try to improve the HTML source preservation feature (or at least, get it up to the level of quality as the rest of the product.) After that we'll launch a much wider release candidate or two to shake out the last few system configuration issues (those weird bugs that only show up on, say, the Polish version of Windows), and finally go gold after that."

Have anyone looked in the Crystall Ball lately?

Jorgen Brenting
Monday, June 30, 2003

A week later:
Well, apparently not.

Jorgen Brenting
Thursday, July 03, 2003

I'm pretty happy with 2.05. My cloudy crystal ball predicts one new cool feature beyond anti-HTML tampering. When? I'll guess September 1.

tk
Thursday, July 03, 2003

But still there are serious problems reflected in various treads here. About FTP not working or giving unreadable feedback for example. And as usual not much help from Fog Creek. This keeps me away from version 2.x anyway even if I would like to use a few of the new features.

Jorgen Brenting
Friday, July 04, 2003

Well that FTP thing is a feature, not a bug, so to speak.. that's the way it was designed to work.

www.marktaw.com
Friday, July 04, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home