Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Loop to include all articles except self

Hi,

I have created a templated that I use for all articles in a particular folder. For ease of navigation, in the sidebar of the template, I link to all articles in the folder.

Is it possible to construct a loop that links to all articles in the folder EXCEPT the article I am currently viewing?

Many Thanks,

Neil Attard

Neil Attard
Tuesday, December 04, 2001

Search for the article in this forum; "If link points to this page"

The short answer is no right now, but Joel thinks it an interesting idea.

Terry Kearns
Tuesday, December 04, 2001

> I have created a templated that I use for all
> articles in a particular folder. For ease of navigation,
>in the sidebar of the template, I link to all articles in
> the folder.

Yeah, same here. And yes, it would be great if this supported it.

That said I think HTML/CSS should also include this as a link style effect. Now you have styles for visited and hover, it would be nice to have another called "this" or something similar.

Maury

Maury Markowitz
Wednesday, December 05, 2001

For the time being, I'm sure you could fake the behaviour using client-side JavaScript. [I can hear the screaming now.]

Being able to use pick-an-ActiveScripting-language-at-random in CityDesk would be incredibly handy. At least that way FogCreek wouldn't have to develop their own scripting language -- Perl, Python, Ruby, VBScript and JScript would all come for just the cost of plugging in ActiveScripting.

Garth Kidd
Wednesday, December 05, 2001

I also agree that this would be a very useful feature. I'm trying to use a loop to create a row of navigation tabs in a table. Right now every tab is a link, even the "current" tab. It would be nice if I could script something like "If self, format bold with no HREF, else format Roman with HREF."

Quaker120
Tuesday, March 12, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home