Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

The dreaded <P> tag

From several threads in this forum you can see that the <P> tag is causing much trouble. I too find it annoying, to say the least, that I no longer have control over line shifts etc. I do hope that this is a bug that will be removed soon. As long as it is there CD is more or less useless to me.

Therefore: Couldn't someone from Fog Creek come forward and tell us whether this is a bug or a new feature? (Instead of letting us guess in one thread after another). Please.

Jorgen Brenting
Monday, May 26, 2003

They have already done that

http://discuss.fogcreek.com/CityDesk/default.asp?cmd=show&ixPost=7086&ixReplies=16

It's a bug and fixed in the next release.

Fredrik Jacobsson
Monday, May 26, 2003

Clarification for those that dont read all the posts :)

"Excellent Fredrik!  Thank you!
The fix I have implemented fixes this problem... for articles that you have already created that have the problem, you will just need to open them up and change the headline once and they will be fixed.  New articles will not exhibit this behavior.  (Note that the fix will be in the NEXT beta, BETA 3, (or the final release) not the current build obviously). "

Fredrik Jacobsson
Monday, May 26, 2003

I think every field that allows HTML should have both a normal and an HTML view.  That way we could just "reveal codes" to use WP terms and see exactly what is there.

David Burch
Wednesday, May 28, 2003

I agree. I am new to CD and already missed this "reveal codes" feature. (I opened the cty file in MS Access to clean the code.)

Armin Guenther
Thursday, May 29, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home