Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

the use of right mouse button

Use to copy / paste in headline, author sidebar, extra 1 extra2 and teaser is inconsistent - some places it works, others it doesn't

Also using the
{$ foreach x in (and(folder"Services") (keyword_contains "(ServiceMenu)")) $}

{$x.headline$} {$if nonblank x.teaser$}:  {$x.teaser$}{$endif$}

{$next$}
construct I cannot get the teaser onb the same line - sometimes it is and sometimes it skips

Martyn Bryan
Monday, May 26, 2003

The new lines you observe a caused by the bug already reported in http://discuss.fogcreek.com/CityDesk/default.asp?cmd=show&ixPost=7139: all extra fields start with an empty line and are sourrounded with <P>...</P> tags. The empty line causes the line break. This is only true for modified articles, so just remove the unwanted stuff with MS Access and don't touch them again - it works perfectly then. Beta users now hang out for a next release with this bug removed...

And well, I observed that copy/cut and paste is not working in all editors, too.

Dieter Spahni
Tuesday, May 27, 2003

It looks to me like Cut/Copy/Paste works... can somebody give me a specific example of how to reproduce the problem?

Joel Spolsky
Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Regarding cut/paste: For me, it works in every text box except for "Keywords". That one is, btw, the only text box that doesn't have a 3D border, but rather a "single line" one. (Using WinXP, SP1)

Henrik Jernevad
Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Ah, I see.

For a temporary workaround, use right click cut/copy/paste.

We'll fix the menubar version.

Joel Spolsky
Wednesday, May 28, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home