Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Feature Requests for 3.0

Feature Requests for 3.0 or sooner if easy to implement.

1. I would like the ability to use fields in CityScript conditions. 
Examples:
{$ foreach article in (author ".title") $} 
{$ foreach article in (keywordContains ".extra1") $} 

2. It is now possible to move a large section of the tree to beneath another node using drag-n-drop.  I would like the cut and paste menu features to be activated when a node of the tree is selected, allowing me to cut and paste in the same way I can now drag and drop.

3. I would like to be able to CTRL or Shift click to select multiple files to copy/cut and paste or drag-n-drop elsewhere.

4. I would like to be able to import a site from disk into articles.  The current folder import the site into HTML files with links to the images as they would appear on the web site, not using the CityDesk special names. To convert a site I have to 1) import the site from a folder, 2) run CopyBoy to convert the html files into articles, and 3) go into every article and update every image--a royal pain.

5. I would like to have better keyword matching.  I want to match whole words not substrings. Doesn't VB6 support regular expressions? Regular expressions would be great.  The (keyword) workaround is not a good solution as it messes up the inclusion of keywords in the meta tags.

6. I would like to see expanded if conditions, especially the ability to test a variable. An else operator would be nice as well.

David Burch
Thursday, May 22, 2003

Another one:

nextLink, PrevLink don't really do what I need them to do.

I need to be able to create an index page like http://google.com creates with search results.

For example:  if I have a foreach loop that includes 500 articles, I need to be able to present the teasers and links to the articles 10 articles at a time with a next link to the next 10 and a previous link to the previous 10. 

David Burch
Thursday, May 22, 2003

No promises, but CopyBoy 2.0 may do a better job on your #4. The rest I think I need to leave to Fog Creek.

Mike Gunderloy
Friday, May 23, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home