Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Feature Request: A few simple things

A few simple things would give me much more control over the CityDesk environment and make my experience a much happier one:

The Templates, Variables, Publish Locations, Audiences and Languages windows are not resizable.  I have a lot of templates, variables and publish locaitons.  I'm sure others have a lot of audiences and languages.  Making these windows resizable (preferably remembering their size) would make things like browsing through 200 variables a lot easier.

Also, I have long variable names and resize the grid to make the variables field larger.  I would like it to remember and use the new size I give it.

Good job on sorting the variables in the 2.0.3 version.  What happened to the insert variables option?  It is a great feature when your short term memory has evaporated as mine has, or when turning over the web site to novice users.

I would like to see it implemented on the toolbar, rather than the menu though.  I have a lot of variables and the list scrolls at least two screens, taking away some of its benefits.  How about a combo-box that sorts the variable names as you type with an insert button?   

David Burch
Thursday, May 22, 2003

Thanks for the feedback.  The "Insert Variable" menu is still there.  Just open an article and choose  "Insert"->"Variable" from the menu at the top of the window.

Michael H. Pryor
Thursday, May 22, 2003

I was looking at the menu outside of an article, duh.

David Burch
Thursday, May 22, 2003

Would it be possible to add resizable windows, windows that remember changes, and an improved "insert variables" interface to the released version of 2.0?

David Burch
Thursday, May 22, 2003

It would also be nice to change the default preview browser. It is hard-coded to be Internet Explorer, so on every preview the user needs to click on the menu arrow (which is very small) and select the desired browser.

Zoran Lazarevic
Monday, January 26, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home