Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Next beta now available

If you're working with the beta of 2.0, please upgrade to the latest version (2.0.3).

http://www.citydesknews.com

Joel Spolsky
Wednesday, May 21, 2003

...and it's a wonderful thing. Many thanks for those enhancements to the scripting language, which let me auto-generate site navigation. No more hard-coding the hierarchy!

One surprise, though--the editor still lacks a way to insert heading tags (h1, h2, h3, etc.) Sure, we can flip over to HTML mode to add them, but we really shouldn't have to, since headings are so basic to page structure. Most folks I know spiff them up through linked CSS, but the tags themselves get heavy use. Could they be added to the format menu for the final release?

Thanks much.

M. C. Matti
Wednesday, May 21, 2003

When I stick my e-mail address in the download center it still says 2.0.1

www.marktaw.com
Wednesday, May 21, 2003

I fixed the 2.0.1 label and changed it to 2.0.3.

Michael H. Pryor
Wednesday, May 21, 2003

kewl.

www.marktaw.com
Wednesday, May 21, 2003

Thanks for sorting variables alphabetically.

The new thisFolder and thisArticle are very worthwhile!

I second Matti's request for H1, H2... headings in the article editor.

Paul Iliano
Thursday, May 22, 2003

I'd like to see H1...Hn tool too! I posted this request to Customer Service (Case FC8955) on 8th May.

Regards
LMP

Lukasz Pogoda
Thursday, May 22, 2003

Is there any reason why the "insert variable" option went away.  This was very handy and is needed for turnover of a site to novice users.

BTW: I did not like having it as a menu option as 1) it was not sorted and 2) I have so many variables it scrolled off the screen.

How about a combo box on the toolbar, one that auto-sorts as you type.  That would be very slick for managing a lot of variables.

David Burch
Thursday, May 22, 2003

went away? it's still there in my version of  CD 2.0.3...

Fredrik Jacobsson
Thursday, May 22, 2003

Sorry about the false alarm on insert variable.  It is there.  I was looking at the menu when I was not in an article.

David Burch
Friday, May 23, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home