Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Bug: Bullet List Affects Wrong Box

I click on the Sidebar & hit Bulleted List and it bullets the Teaser box. Even if I write some text into the Sidebar box and click on Bulleted List it bullets the Teaser.

www.marktaw.com
Sunday, May 18, 2003

The same with Insert Link...

www.marktaw.com
Sunday, May 18, 2003

So does CTRL + A (select all)

www.marktaw.com
Sunday, May 18, 2003

always? or is this just a freak occurrence?

Joel Spolsky
Sunday, May 18, 2003

Everything seems fine in my sidebars, I just happened to be working on one when I read this message.  Bullets, links, Ctrl-A all OK.  Markt is taking one for for all of us.

tk
Sunday, May 18, 2003

It could be that I'm running low on memory or something.... I'm gonna try again immediately after a reboot.

www.marktaw.com
Sunday, May 18, 2003

Dunno... I think this may be the first time I'm editing a sidebar since upgrading. Let me reboot.

www.marktaw.com
Sunday, May 18, 2003

Yep, even just after a reboot it's like this. I'm using Windows Me.

www.marktaw.com
Sunday, May 18, 2003

Which version of IE?

Michael H. Pryor
Sunday, May 18, 2003

Version 5.50.4134.0100

This IE does act strangely though... When I hover over a link it says "Shortcut to default.asp" or "Shortcut to fog000000064.html at www.fogcreek.com" rather than the full link address in the status bar.

I was hoping to upgrade, and I may upgrade to 6.x.

www.marktaw.com
Sunday, May 18, 2003

Mark

Are you always this high energy?  Maybe throttle back on the stimulants, if any. <g>

Who did the graphic at the top of your web page?

B#
Monday, May 19, 2003

I'm not that high energy. Am I?

The graphic on the top of my page is taken from a photo by Diana Yee (the credit is on every page near the bottom). She manipulated the photo a bit -  the doubling & the squiggles are from her. I cropped it and colored it in a bit.

The whole photo is me sitting on a window sill playing bass.

www.marktaw.com
Monday, May 19, 2003

About the stimulants... I'm really sensitive to anything. A little sugar will keep me up all night. I'm more sensitive to foods than anyone I know, so I try to avoid anything overly stimulating.

I had a little soda with dinner tonight because it came with the Chinese Food and was easier to grab than the water in the kitchen. It's maybe the third time this month I've had soda. I don't drink coffee.

www.marktaw.com
Monday, May 19, 2003

That's a great job on the photo.  I was just giving you a hard time about all the posts.  No harm intended.  Did I mention I like the photo?

B#
Monday, May 19, 2003

Cool. I use this filter called Aetherize on it, which made it grayscale and translucent. Then I put colored boxes behind it Beige / Blue.

I have the original image on my hard drive if you're interested in seeing it.

www.marktaw.com
Monday, May 19, 2003

works fine here.

Fredrik Jacobsson
Monday, May 19, 2003

I experience the same behaviour as was mentioned by Mark:

inserting bulleted or numbered lists or link in the sidebar results ending up in the teaser

I'm making use of non-profit template provided by Darren

IE : 5.50.4134.0600

regards,
Michel

Michel Berkhout
Tuesday, May 20, 2003

I never mentioned my OS, did I? Windows Me.

www.marktaw.com
Tuesday, May 20, 2003

Mark, you should upgrade to Windows 2000. (No real need, yet, for the Fisher Price version also known as Windows XP.)

Jorgen Brenting
Tuesday, May 20, 2003

Jorgen - I would love to, but for some reason the guys who make my sound card (which I use for home recording) don't make the drivers for 2000. I know they were available at one point as a beta, but I can't download them now.

If I got those I would definately upgrade.

As it is I'm stuck between the Windows 9x variants and XP. I wish 2000 were an option, but it's not.

www.marktaw.com
Tuesday, May 20, 2003

Don't know why but it seems to sort of work now... Though the Link dialogue box was still acting funky - I'd highlight a link and click on it and the box would come up empty. But CTRL +A worked on it.

www.marktaw.com
Tuesday, May 20, 2003

Mark

Yeah, I'd like to see it.  Do you do any graphics work or just an avocation?

B#
Tuesday, May 20, 2003

I do some design work, it's a hobby that turned into a profession and then back into a hobby.

This is the image as I got it.

http://www.marktaw.com/temp/marktaw-windowsill2.jpg

www.marktaw.com
Tuesday, May 20, 2003

I love the smoke strings.  She does very nice work... but you already know that!

B#
Tuesday, May 20, 2003

Yes she does. I'll pass the message onto her.

www.marktaw.com
Tuesday, May 20, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home