Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

My first CityDesk-site is out

Hi all,

I just wanted to promote my first CityDesk site, which is a site for the company I work for.  CityDesk is really a pleasant acquaintance! Previously we updated the site once a year or something, but now I figure we will update it like every week or so.

The site makes heavy use of SSI for the navigation tabs and some other stuff. The rest is the usual html 4.01 transitional and css.

You can find the site at http://www.optonova.se

Johan Franzén
Thursday, May 15, 2003

Nice. very fast loading. The navigation is also nice... even though I don't understand the language, i know where i am.

www.marktaw.com
Thursday, May 15, 2003

Mark

Click the British flag

Thursday, May 15, 2003

Ahhh. You might want to put a small "English" label there. I also traditionally look for the language buttons in the upper right hand corner.

www.marktaw.com
Thursday, May 15, 2003

I would not be surprised to learn that many americans have no idea what the british flag looks like.  Does your image have a tooltip (title)?

Joel Goldstick
Thursday, May 15, 2003

Yeah, the whole British Flag for english is quite popular on European sites, and English people definitely understand it, but we Americans just have no idea that there even ARE other languages, and if we see a site in Swedish or whatever, we'll rather ask our Guatemalan housecleaners to translate it before we click on union jacks...

Joel Spolsky
Thursday, May 15, 2003

rotfl

Fredrik Jacobsson
Friday, May 16, 2003

Ok guys, you convince me. I added some language text labels by the flags. Thanks for the opinions!

Johan Franzén
Friday, May 16, 2003

I still think it should be in the upper-right corner:

http://www.gamepark.co.kr/

Or at least just really really close to the top, and only sleightly seperated from the main navigation, maybe by color or size or location.

www.marktaw.com
Friday, May 16, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home