Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

how to get all artikel in actual folder

Hi,

in need to get all article in the actual folder where  I'vew linked to. That mean I need a keyword for actual folder for my foreach. Is there something like this available ? Code will ooks like :

{$foreach x in (folder "actualfolder")$}
    <A href="{$x.link$}" >{$x.headline$}</small></A>
{$next$}

Thanks Bernd

Bernd
Wednesday, May 14, 2003

Can't do it, Bernd.

Ricardo Mahntoban
Wednesday, May 14, 2003

What do you mean by "actual folder"? The code you posted is valid, as far as I can see.

MSM
Wednesday, May 14, 2003

MSM - he wants "actualfolder" to be the folder that article is currently in, not a folder called actualfolder. This way whatever folder you're in, an automatic index of that folder is created.

www.marktaw.com
Wednesday, May 14, 2003

It can be done semi-automatic with keywords and/or different templates for each folder. I've used different templates on one site describing different series of books. Once you have made the templates (and they are identical apart from the article loop) it is fairly easy to use. But of course you have to remember to change templates when appropriate.

As far as I remember, others from this forum have come to the same conclusion.

Jorgen Brenting
Wednesday, May 14, 2003

That's why folder ". " is a much requested feature. ( "." points to the current directory in most filesystems)

Adriaan van den Brand
Thursday, May 15, 2003

Ah. He wants "." as a conditional. I concur. That would be quite useful.

MSM
Thursday, May 15, 2003

Hallo,

yes it's correct I am look for a "." to get all article in the actual folder. But as i understand it's not possible up to now ?

Bernd

Bernd
Friday, May 16, 2003

1: You are German

2: Actual is a "false-friend" (or false-synonym) or "Aktuell".

3: Aktuell: current

4. actual: eigentlich

HTH

R C
Monday, May 19, 2003

ups shit happens

bernd
Tuesday, May 20, 2003

Ah, les faux amis.

In any case, the actual beta 2, also known as CityDesk 2.0.3, has the conditional (thisFolder) for this purpose.

Bug: (thisFolder) works well in forEach loops but does NOT yet work in nextLink and previousLink, due to an unfortunate error which will be corrected in the NEXT beta, beta 3.

Joel Spolsky
Wednesday, May 21, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home