Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Version 2.0.1 turned me around (Ctrl-Y)

I used to admit that I used CityDesk in my blog, but I didn't recommend it.  I emailed Fog Creek asking about a refund.  But I waited it out until the Beta came out.

2.0.1 fixes enough problems that I removed my reservations about CityDesk.  (The HTML-View to Normal View corruption is still bothersome, though.)

Undo works.  Yea!
There's multiple-undo.  Yea!
There redo!  Yea!  (Ctrl-Y)

Joel, please make menu items for your shortcut keys, so we know what they are.

David Blume
Sunday, May 11, 2003

David,

I haven't noticed the HTML to Normal view corruption I was seeing with variables.  What are the steps to see the problem you are seeing?

David Burch
Sunday, May 11, 2003

I use a variable as a background color sometimes in html view (with a  DIV tag).  Like:

style="WIDTH: 580px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: {$.HiliteBgColor$}"

Switching to Normal view removes the whole BACKGROUND-COLOR style element.

Thank Joel that articles open in the view in which you last saved them.  Otherwise this bug would be a showstopper.

David Blume
Sunday, May 11, 2003

David, I don't know if this helps in your situation, but I've moved all my colour variables into the CSS file for my site. This prevents CityDesk from messing them up, so I can still use articles in both HTML and Normal views.

It also has the benefit that updating my site's colour scheme only requires that one file be re-uploaded. That's a huge plus for me on my lowly dial-up connection.

Darren Collins
Monday, May 12, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home