Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Feature Request

I don't know if you Fog Creek guys are still open to feature suggestions for CD 2.0, but it would be really handy if the "(None)" template really did publish nothing to the server.

I've been using the workaround of having my own "Blank" template with nothing at all in it, and using that for articles that are only meant to be included into other pages via CityScript. But that still results in a tiny file being FTPed to the server.

It would be especially cool if these non-published files didn't count towards the 500-item limit in CityDesk Home edition. Is that at all possible?

Darren Collins
Tuesday, May 06, 2003

I always thought that images and such shouldn't have counted towards the total... Or that the home edition should be limited in some other way that doesn't force you to upgrade eventually.

While we're on feature requests, I'd like to see the ability to handle the file I'm on differently in loops - so that it's no linked, or bolded or has a different tab in navigation.

Also breadcrumb trails... which are probably a major re-write because right now nothing in CD owns anything else.

www.marktaw.com
Tuesday, May 06, 2003

What about having a "Include" template for the files that only serves as includes in other files ... especially now that we have the {$include$} statement to play with.

Jorgen Brenting
Tuesday, May 06, 2003

I hear what you're saying, but I'm having a hard time visualizing it in use... could you give me an example?

www.marktaw.com
Tuesday, May 06, 2003

Mark, my suggestion was just a clumsy way of backing Darren's request to Fog Creek to have some way to exclude files completely when publishing.

Jorgen Brenting
Tuesday, May 06, 2003

Oh. An include template... as in a template for a file that will ONLY be an include.

i thought you meant a bit of code/text that's repeated in multiple ways in different versions of the site... leftnav v. top nav, that sort of thing.

www.marktaw.com
Tuesday, May 06, 2003

Citydesk 2.0 is much more customizable than 1.0. Some of the features requested in this thread (e.g. handle 'this page' differently for menu's and links in general) can now be realized by using an external filter which is called before publishing...

To all creative people on this forum: please publish your scripts/programs.. we can learn from each other..!

Adriaan van den Brand
Tuesday, May 06, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home