Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Converting previously built pages into articles

I apologize if this topic has already been covered. I kinda remember seeing something about this way back when I first got CD but I can't seem to locate it in the archives.

I'm converting a couple page from my department's intranet site from a hand-coded listing that's updated weekly to a CD generated page. I'm required to keep the exact look and feel of the rest of the site. However, there are a number of scripts and such that reside in the Head of these files that get cut off when I bring the code into an article or a template. I tried CopyBoy but it didn't help.

Is there a workaround for this or am I out of luck? If there is please let me know what it is or point me to where I can find the answer.

Thanks!

Lee

Lee Potts
Friday, April 18, 2003

What's the nature of the code in the header?

www.marktaw.com
Friday, April 18, 2003

It looks like the JavaScript that's responsible for building a "portal" bar and wrapper that common to every page on the intranet. And the CSS link of course. Page title. It looks like there's also JS for controling navigation button mouse over effects.

Lee Potts
Friday, April 18, 2003

Depends on how automated you need it to be. You can stick javascript in the body, and probably CSS too.

As far as sticking it in the header... Not right now. Something like Extra1 may be able to do it if you can edit it as plaintext rather than WYSIWYG.

And for automating it... Maybe a regular expression could help you.

www.marktaw.com
Friday, April 18, 2003

BTW, Lee, do you mind if I ask where you work, this sounds suspicously like the Intranet where I used to work.

www.marktaw.com
Friday, April 18, 2003

Finally fiqured it out...

just put the head tag content into a variable and put the variable at the top of the article or template. Seems to be working fine.

Lee Potts
Thursday, April 24, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home