Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Feature request

Probabaly been mentioned before but I would like the ability to:

1. Write to a few different templates during one publishing run. I guess assigning multiple templates to one article. I like to be able to dump out the core content of each article without menus etc.

2.  Find and replace template names on a few articles or on all. Right now I'd like to be able to change the template, publish, then change it back. I know that I could just change the existing content in the active template but that leads to problems during the cutting and pasting.

John

JOhn Cesta
Thursday, April 10, 2003

1. You can do that right now with template families & using control to multi select.. I just set this up with my personal site when I added a printable version.

www.marktaw.com
Thursday, April 10, 2003

I would just like some more intelligence in the template. E.g. {$if not  (folder "printables")$}

Adriaan van den Brand
Friday, April 11, 2003

Totally missed template families. Goes to show, though, that it is a good feature. ;)

John

John Cesta
Friday, April 11, 2003

John, it is a good feature. On the other hand, if you missed it, that probably points to a bad UI.

www.marktaw.com
Friday, April 11, 2003

My vote for the  most hidden CityDesk is the "preview with" option.

David Burch
Saturday, April 12, 2003

It seems as though there are a lot of features and they just need to be "brought together." A good example is the variables. There should certainly be a drop down menu to select from in the article screen.

John

John Cesta
Sunday, April 13, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home