Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Email review

For the Professional Edition, is there a email review feature like what Contribute from Marcomedia have?

I would think review-approval of up to 2 person (either 2 levels up or to 2 "parallel" persons) would be good in the Professional Edition.

Any plans for such features to be included?

slok
Wednesday, April 02, 2003

It is not in the current Professional Version.  The Professional Version has the same features as the other versions but has no limits on the number of files that can be published and it is multi-user enabled.

David Burch

may be a dumb question.. but better to clarify than to assume.

what is the benefit of the multi-user feature?

Does that mean that 2 or more users can edit the same article at the same time? And what happen when 2 or more users edit and save the same article?

eg. User1 edit first paragraph of article and User2 edit 2nd para. Both save almost at the same time. Will the article reflect both changes? Will the users know that there are other user editing the article?

Thanks

slok

From what I can tell, CityDesk does not have robust multi-user capabilities.  CityDesk does not have version control where you can roll back to previous changes.  Multiple users can edit the same file but seem to overwrite each others changes and there are no configuration management-like features to either lock out another user's edit of a file you are working on or to merge the users changes.  That's what it looks like to me, with one user using two instances of CityDesk Pro to edit the same file.

The only benefit I have realized from using the Pro version is being able to have over 500 files.

David Burch
Friday, April 04, 2003

I used the pro version so I could do development while someone else could add content.

Eventually I wanted to buy more licenses & give CityDesk to the people who were actually contributing the content, but that never happened.

But due to a lack of permissions, approval process, check in/check out, rollback, etc.  to do so would've been dangerous anyway.

Approval should be easy to implement... It's just a matter of blocking off certain audiences from certain users.

Of course, some sort of user management would have to be in place, so that negates the "easy to implement" thing I just said.

www.marktaw.com
Friday, April 04, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home