Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

introduction to Fog CReek

my introduction to FOG CREEK comes as an unwelcome and thoroughly UNpleasant experience.
My small new site , is taken over and the actual content is unavaliable , due to your actions. As it is only very recently up and running , many of those going to look for the first time.......are NOT going to see the intended information.

SHAME ON YOU, Fog Creek.

Though I am one person , with 1 voice,  my message , when recieved , can save lives. 

jeannie nichols
www.voice4saferailcrossings.org

jeannie nichols
Wednesday, March 19, 2003

Maybe I'm missing something here, but could it be that you just need some help getting your site's content into CityDesk?

If you look thru the Forum you'll find lots of tips and how-tos. Also, check Terry & Darren's tips linked at the left. If you still need help, post your specific question(s) on the Forum - there are a bunch of us out here who'd be glad to help...

Eric

Ms. Nichols --

I daresay that you cannot blame Joel Spolsky or Fog Creek for your own misuse of their product. CityDesk is not a tool that can be used without some forethought. The makers of the software took no action to obscure your site. By its design, CityDesk can only work under the user's (your) impulse.

However, its unlikely that any damage done is irreversible.

There are plenty of folks here who would be glad to assist you in getting your information published using CityDesk. If you'd like some help, please ask. Describe what you did and what you expected to happen, and how the actual results differed from expectation, and we'll go from there.

But please, set aside the acrimony. Judging by your own mission (inferred from your author tagline, your domain name, and your assertion at the end of your post), you should know full well how to inform and influence people constructively.

How may we help?

MSM

M.S. Manley

Eric and M. S. Manely

Before checking on the site this morning , I had never heard of Fog Creek.

respectfully

jeannie nichols

voice4saferailcrossings

jeannie nichols

Did you put up the site or it just appeared?

If it just appeared, it seems to me someone knows your ftp id and password and they put up the cd generated site.

joel Goldstick

Uh... I checked the Voices for Safe Rail Crossings website and it looks like a normal page to me. Perhaps there's another Fog Creek out there screwing with your page.

What exactly happened this morning?

www.marktaw.com

Ladies and Gentlemen......

I stand corrected. This 'introduction ' if possible could be erased . 

While I have some talents , actual tweeking of the site is not one of them .  The site is back to original content.  There will be relevant content added regularly.

My sincere and humble appoligy is extended.  I was wrong in jumping  to the conclusion  that I came to .

Again.....I regret my actions. I ask forgivness.

respectfully

jeannie nichols
voice4saferailcrossings

jeannie nichols

I still don't get it. Could you please slow down, and explain to us in a rational way what happened?

Darren Collins

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home