Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Migrating two cty-files

Hi!

I have a few questions:

1. Is there a simple way to copy all articles from one .cty-file to another? Reason is that Ive just upgraded to the professional edition (because of a coupon-offer I got) and would like to move my three cty-files into one, in a simple way. copy-and-paste article content article for article is no fun at all :)

2. Ehhh is there a way to change font on the text in the WYSIWYG-article window? I use .css-files for font settings, and when having pics in the article, it's nice to know how big the text are, for wrapping issues and such. I use the same font for entire article, so it'd be nice to set it in the editor..

Kind regards
/Fredrik

Fredrik Jacobsson
Saturday, March 08, 2003

Umm I might reconsider. Moving all current static content to CityDesk made the database over 50 megabyte in size. (1500+ items). My comp isnt fast enough for it to be comfortable to use.  So I'll prolly keep using several cty-files I guess. Would be nice to know if an easy migration is possible tho.

Fredrik Jacobsson
Saturday, March 08, 2003

I don't think there is a push-button way to do it.  I suspect an Access / VB  programmer could do it.  I'd be wary of the manageablity of a site as huge as yours in any system.  My biggest .cty file is 22meg.

These are two utilities that may be of some help.

Telepark's file import utility:

http://www.telepark.de/html/en/unterseiten/citydesk-ftp.html

Copyboy:

http://www.larkware.com/Products/LarkwareCopyBoy.html

tk
Saturday, March 08, 2003

Thanks.

Does anyone know if it's possible to have two cty-databases that uploads to the same root-dir without overwriting eachothers XML-file? Is the name configurable?

Fredrik Jacobsson
Sunday, March 09, 2003

You cannot have the same root. You need to have "sub sites".

Chad Z. Hower
Tuesday, March 11, 2003

If you rename your .cty files to .mdb - you will be able to open it in MS access. Maybe you can merge all your files into one this way....just a suggestion!

Kiran Kumar
Thursday, March 27, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home