Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

RTidy/CityDesk

I have to admit a bit of confusion: what does Austin mean when he says RTidy is "intended to be run from CityDesk"?

I understand that you should put the rtidy_conf.xml in the root folder in CityDesk, modified so that it points to the correct executables, etc.

Where I'm confused is how you're meant to execute RTidy. I can add the RTidy executable as an external editor, but I don't see anywhere in that set-up dialog to add the parameters for the program.

How far off am I? :) I'd email Austin, but there's no contact information on the RTidy/CD site.

M.S. Manley
Thursday, March 06, 2003

I've never used it.  But, my guess would be that he meant this:

1) Click on Publish
2) When the Publish dialog says Done, instead of previewing with a web browser, click on the down arrow button to the right, choose configure and add Rtidy.

Now, assuming Rtidy is properly configures, you can run Rtidy at the end of a publish to disk operation to tidy the HTML and upload to the server.

David Burch
Thursday, March 06, 2003

Thanks, David. That would appear to be the case. I had not looked at that configuration area before.

M.S. Manley
Thursday, March 06, 2003

Hi. You are correct that RTidy is supposed to be a "preview with" item. I will -- probably next week -- fix that on the webpage. I also have a need now for SCP support, so I will probably get to that in the not too distant future.

I will have some way of sending an email to me on the website as well, but ... um ... I'm still trying to figure out how I want to do that. I'm not a big fan of bare mailto: links anymore; I get too much spam as it is.

I do own the domain and anything sent to anyone at the domain (with a few exceptions) will get to me.

-austin

Austin Ziegler
Saturday, March 08, 2003

I have updated the webpage to reflect proper CityDesk configuratino information. Let me know if you have any questions.

-austin, still deciding on the email address

Austin Ziegler
Monday, March 10, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home