Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Some features I'd like to see

Since I'm trying to use CD for my blog, I would like the option to have CD to manage my "archives" - i.e. moving them to an archive folder as they become dated.

Failing that, I would like the option to sort a folder by date so that I can determine the older articles by position to make it easier to manually move them.

Also, the preview option should check and see if the browser is open before running a new copy.

Thanks!
John

John London
Monday, March 03, 2003

Workarounds:

Use loops to bring the latest articles to the homepage... since you want it done automatically, it should be no different to you if it's *always* have the articles in the archives folder. Just use either {$foreach 10 x in.... $} to bring in the latest ten or the condition (after today-14) to bring in everything for the last fortnight.

As an added side benefit, you don't want the links to your articles changing.

Then to bring them into an archive page, do the reverse. (before today-14) or just include every article in the archive.

I agree with sorting the folder by date. Since that doesn't work, name your articles things with dates. "Dr. Strangelove or How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love The Bomb (2002 03 03)"

Or even better "(2002 03 03) Dr. Strangelove" which a sort alphabetical would put in date order, and publishes simply as "Dr.Strangelove.html"

Or if you like "2002 03 03 Dr. Strangelove.html" which publishes as "20020303Dr.Strangelove.html" if you don't mind the numbers in the URL.

www.marktaw.com
Monday, March 03, 2003

PS... I don't believe CD should automatically move my articles around!

www.marktaw.com
Monday, March 03, 2003

One other small change...

If you insert a link into a page which will open in a new page, CD should remember your choice and have the box checked next time you insert a link.

John

John London
Tuesday, March 04, 2003

Good... I always use that since I don't want people to surf away from my site. =)

www.marktaw.com
Thursday, March 13, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home