Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

CD is making a "Site Contents"??

I upgraded to .31 (SP2) and now my main index article is making a "Site contents" page and linkig to all pages!

If I remove my template, it does not do this. However it only does it to this ONE fihle - not other files that are hooked to it.

What the heck is going on?

Chad Z. Hower
Friday, February 28, 2003

Try renaming the Index to lower case index.

Guy Bjerke

Ok? But why should that work?

Chad Z. Hower

I think he's implying that the server/computer doesn't recognize Index.htm the same way it recognizes index.htm & is returning the folder contents.

So it's not that CityDesk is creating this file, it's that you're just looking at the raw directory structure.

www.marktaw.com
Saturday, March 01, 2003

No, not at all. CD created the file. It was somehow taking my index article and when it put it on the site, it was putting some sort of map based on my CD contents.

I have one I sent via e-mail if somone wants to see it. This is what it was generating on the server:

<BASE HREF="http://www.atozedsoftware.com/IntraWeb/">
<h2>Complete Site Index</h2>The following is a complete list of all published files for this site.<br><br><A HREF="./Articles.html">Arti

Chad Z. Hower
Saturday, March 01, 2003

Publishing to multiple audiences/languages/locations & you're looking at a CD made index of those sites?

www.marktaw.com
Saturday, March 01, 2003

I only have one language, one audience. Those are the default settings.

Chad Z. Hower
Saturday, March 01, 2003

I saw a similar file last night, but I think it was created because I hit either Preview or Publish for a single article, without having published the whole site.

I've got a feeling I read a reference somewhere that if your site doesn't have an index.html in the root folder, CityDesk creates one for you. But that may have been in a bad dream after eating pizza too late at night. :-)

Darren Collins
Monday, March 03, 2003

Darren's right; as we publish, if we never encounter index.html, we generate one.

Joel Spolsky
Monday, March 03, 2003

Cool. I don't have to give up late-night pizza.

Darren Collins
Monday, March 03, 2003

This also happens if there are syntax errors in the index.html that keep it from being created.

David Burch
Monday, March 03, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home