Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Sidebar on contents page

Is there a way I could add a sidebar to the table of contents page?

Thanks,
John

John London
Friday, February 28, 2003

The default Simple template shows how to add the contents of the Sidebar "field" to a section that is floated to the right using a CSS stylesheet.

If your index page is an article, you could add something similar to the template used by your index page.

David Burch
Friday, February 28, 2003

In my old template, I used the ifblank / ifnonblank for sidebar control. Actually, i still do now that I think of it.

basically you create a two or three column table, but the last column only appears if the sidebar appears

<table>
<tr>

<td>blah</td>

<td>{$.body$}</td>

{if nonblank .sidebar$}
<td>{$.sidebar$}</td>
{$ endif$}
</tr></table>

I know I probably trashed that code, so check the manual for the right way to do it...

www.marktaw.com
Saturday, March 01, 2003

I must be confused.  If I create an article, I can go into properties and add a sidebar.  I would like to do the same to my "home" page.  There is no properties dialog available for that page.

Is there a way to add one?

Thanks,
John

John London
Monday, March 03, 2003

You can use an article as your "home" page and use the sidebar of that article.  How you script the body contents of that article is up to you.

Or set up a sidebar folder with a sidebar article and script it into the template you use to render the "home" page.

Good luck.

Guy Bjerke
Monday, March 03, 2003

To be clear - an article named "index", when published, will become index.html.  In my experience - the "index" article should use a lower case "i".

Guy Bjerke
Monday, March 03, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home