Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

{$.fileddate$} The date that the article was filed

{$.fileddate$} The date that the article was filed

This appears to be the creation date of the article. Is there then no LAST MODIFIED date field?

Chad Z. Hower
Friday, February 28, 2003

Modified date is a frequently requested feature.  For now you'd need to change the publish date when you modifiy it.

tk

Arg. Its amazing the CD can get the "big stuff" right, but it skips over repeatedly hundreds of little things that are very important.

I dont care if 2.0 has any new big features - I wish that it just implements all the basic stuff it skipped over.

Chad Z. Hower

Of course it skips over the little stuff - nobody at Fog realized it was needed. It needs lots of users for all the little stuff to be figured out.

www.marktaw.com
Saturday, March 01, 2003

Thats understandable to a point. But whats not understandable is how god awful long its taking to get updates. Even getting bug fixes for major bugs is like pulling teeth.

I know Joel's whole thing about "10 years" and all - but Joel often reminds me of a fresh Phd student - full of righteous theories, low on real world practice.

Its a good thing for him CD is the only game in town right now.

Chad Z. Hower
Saturday, March 01, 2003

I imagine there was a giant feature list that was pared down as FogCreek planned the first release date.  I believe that feature list included nearly every suggestion we've made and a few we've not thought of yet.  I'm sure there is plenty of second guessing by Fog as well as us: Lots of  folks have determined that CityDesk is not the product they need or require right now.

I'm one of those who is glad they released it when they did.  But I very anxious to see the next release as well.

tk
Saturday, March 01, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home