Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

link names.

I can seem to figure out how the get the editor to allow me to put content <A HREF>here.</A> without going into Html edit mode.  I'm a missing something?

web service developer/admin
Wednesday, February 26, 2003

In Normal View in an article, type in "here." then double-click to highlight, thenclick on the insert link button on the toolbar. 

It brings up three options: 1) link to a CityDesk article or file (combo box where you select CityDesk content from a combo box), 2) Link to an external URL (type in something like http://southernnewmexico.com, 3) from the teaser or headline to the main article (some magic to make life easier).

Did that answer your question?

David Burch
Wednesday, February 26, 2003

I was manually writing the html for my links for ages until I realised how to do it through the GUI.  Definitely a forehead-slapping moment.

Does anyone else thing the GUI is a bit counter-intuitive in this case?  When I selected the "insert link" option I was expecting to see a dialog where I could enter the link name aswell as the target.

Malcolm
Thursday, February 27, 2003

You're probably too used to web-based editors.

Maybe an always-available link text box (similar to dreamweaver) would be more intuitive??

www.marktaw.com
Thursday, February 27, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home